ArKids Services: Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy is an important component of the curriculum at Arkids Pediatric Day Center. It facilitates our children's access to the curriculum and their physical environment. Through occupational therapy, our children experience:
- An increase in their functional independence.
- The ability to learn and apply new skills in real life situations.
- The ability to use adapted classroom tools.
- The opportunity to manage both their physical and sensory environments.
Arkids Employs a Comprehensive & Integrated Approach
Our occupational therapists use the latest and most innovative therapeutic strategies, adaptations, interventions, and techniques to improve:
- Our children's fine motor and visual motor coordination skills.
- Our children's bilateral coordination skills.
- Our children's visual perception skills.
- Our children's sensory processing and integration skills.
- Our children's daily living and self-care skills.
- Our children's ability to access technology.
Arkids occupational therapists work with our students throughout each day in groups, and individually. In the classroom, our therapists incorporate occupational therapy into lesson plans to maximize the effectiveness of the prescribed therapy and treatment plans. Arkids also offers some specialized occupational therapy services, which include, but are not limited to:
- Sensory Integrative Evaluation/Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (SIPT).
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF).
- Neuro-developmental techniques (NDT).
- Handwriting programs.
- Splinting and adaptations.
- Access to and use of technology.
- Environmental access evaluation.
- Environmental modifications.
- Brain Gym Groups.
- Autism Therapy.
- Fine and Visual Motor Interventions.
- Toe Walking.
All of the occupational therapists at Arkids Pediatric Day Center are licensed professionals who specialize in the assessment and treatment of children. They are consummate professionals who actively take part in continuing education, as well as evidence-based practice. They are also trained in Neuro-Developmental and Sensory Integrative Treatment, Visual Impairments, Strategies, and Interventions. Plus, many of our occupational therapists have over 25 years of experience specializing in pediatrics!